Workout Monday 7.8.13
Fran Challenge Warmup:
9 Thrusters (115/75 lbs)
“The Bear Complex”: PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO WATCH THE DEMO VIDEO ABOVE!
Without stopping or dropping the bar, complete the following sequence, seven times:
- 1 Power Clean;
- 1 Front Squat;
- 1 Push Press (have bar land behind head, in rear-rack position);
- 1 Back Squat;
- 1 Push-Press (have bar land on chest, in front-rack position).
There are many variations of the Bear Complex, but we will use the one listed above. You may combine the Clean and FS into a “Squat Clean”, or you may PC then FS. A full standing position must be achieved before the PP or PJ begins (Thrusters are not allowed). Once the bar is overhead, it must be lowered to the back then the BS should be performed. After the BS a full standing position must be achieved before the Behind the Neck PP or PJ begins (again, no Thrusters). When the BB returns to the front rack 1 Bear Complex is complete.
The barbell must then touch the floor WITH NO STOPPAGE OF MOMENTUM for the next rep to begin. This means both hands must be in control of the bar as it touches the floor. Basically the goal is complete the prescribed reps for each round without allowing the bar to stop momentum on the floor, or dropping it. There is a 10 Burpee penalty to be performed immediately, every time the barbell is dropped or rests on the floor. Resting with the BB off the ground IS ALLOWED, and the hands DO NOT need to remain in contact with the BB as long as it is off the ground.
Once you’ve completed the sequence seven times consecutively without stopping, drop the bar. Add weight, attempt another sequence of 7. Repeat for a total of five rounds.
- There is no time limit for this progression. Athletes may take as much time or as little time as needed between rounds.
- Once a sequence of seven has been started it can’t be stopped. If you need to rest, you must do so with the bar on your back or on your chest – it may not rest on the ground. Remember, there will be an immediate 10 burpee penalty.
- Athletes are to START LIGHT, and add weight after each completed sequence of seven.